With the colds and flu season well on its way and everyone’s immune system that seems to be taking a knock, it’s always a good idea to have some extra protection in your artillery.
Sweet basil oil is known to have some amazing properties.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider using sweet basil oil to naturally improve your health:
- Sweet basil is antibacterial and antifungal! Basil oil has antimicrobial activity that fights a wide range of foodborne bacteria, yeasts, and even mold. Add some basil oil to a spray bottle and use it to wipe down counters, or even better yet, wash your fresh fruit produce in a basil oil and water solution to kill germs and prevent illnesses caused by germs found on fresh produce.
- Sweet basil oil can provide natural constipation relief. Add one or two drops of sweet basil oil to warm water or tea; you’ll be feeling better in no time!
- Often used for arthritic pain, wounds, sprains, and headaches, basil oil is an analgesic and provides effective relief from pain.
- This essential oil helps detoxify the body of bacteria, viruses and fights inflammation, pain and fatigue. Simply add one or two drops to a steam bath. Alternately, make your own homemade vapor rub with eucalyptus oil and basil oils, and rub it into your chest to open nasal passages.
- Similar to citronella and thyme oil, the volatile oils found in basil make a good, natural mosquito repellent to prevent those nasty bug bites. Just add a few drops into a fragrance free aqueous cream and massage into the skin as needed.
For quality gardening and horticultural products, such as plant food and hormones, please visit our online store.